Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Review: Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers

I love most all of Francine Rivers novels and have read them all.  I was so excited when this book was chosen for our book club read for September.  When starting the book I found it to be very good and then hit a patch that was causing me to question how much I was enjoying it.  However, I found that I couldn't put the book down because I was so wrapped up in the characters.  This book is so full of emotion for the reader and a lot of the time I found myself getting angry and frustrated with the main character.  Sometimes I wanted to reach in and shake Marta!  That's bad isn't it?  No, I loved that it evoked so much emotion within me.  So glad that I continued on because I truly loved this book.  

Relationships between mother and daughter's can be so strained and it affects the next generation.  The miscommunication between the two can cause such anguish that it destroys the love between them.  This book will make you think and give you much to ponder about your relationships and the many opportunities to right the past.

So glad that I continued on because I truly loved this book and looking forward to continuing the saga with "Her Daughter's Dream".

  SYNOPSIS by Barnes & Noble
The first in an epic two-book saga by beloved author Francine Rivers, this New York Times best-selling story explores the complicated relationships between mothers and daughters over several generations.
Near the turn of the twentieth century, fiery Marta Schneider leaves Switzerland for a better life, determined to fulfill her mother’s hope. Her formative journey takes her through Europe and eventually to Canada, where she meets handsome Niclas Waltert. But nothing has prepared her for the sacrifices she must make for marriage and motherhood as she travels to the Canadian wilderness and then to the dusty Central Valley of California to raise her family.
Marta’s hope is to give her children a better life, but experience has taught her that only the strong survive. Her tough love is often misunderstood, especially by her oldest daughter, Hildemara Rose, who craves her mother’s acceptance. Amid the drama of World War II, Hildie falls in love and begins a family of her own. But unexpected and tragic events force mother and daughter to face their own shortcomings and the ever-widening chasm that threatens to separate them forever.

RATING - 4 1/2 STARS  - I Loved It

No comments:

Post a Comment