Thursday, May 5, 2011

Redeeming Love

Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers,  is my all time favorite novel.  It is historical fiction based on the biblical story of Hosea and Gomer.  Life is a struggle beyond words for these two characters; one all on her own, the other living a life dependent on Christ.  He is asked to do the unthinkable, to forgive her repeatedly regardless of her sins.  Yes, much like Christ does for us daily, minute by minute.

Francine Rivers has an incredible way with words, bringing the story, vivid characters and history to life.  Totally entranced by this story, I could not set it down and found myself reading it every second of the day, only to be saddened when the novel came to an end. 

It has been ten years since I first read "Redeeming Love" and to this day think about the characters and how Christ's redeeming love was revealed.  This is the book that brought me my passion for reading, and changed me forever.

SYNOPSIS
Best-selling author Francine Rivers skillfully retells the biblical love story of Gomer and Hosea in a tale set against the exciting backdrop of the California Gold Rush. The heroine, Angel, is a young woman who was sold into prostitution as a child. Michael Hosea is a godly man sent into Angel's life to draw her into the Savior's redeeming love. This remarkable novel has sold over a million copies globally and has been a fixture on the CBA bestsellers list for nearly a decade. A six-part reading guide, suitable for individual use or group discussion, is included in this best-selling novel.

What People Are Saying

"My heart and soul were profoundly shaken as I realized anew the lessons portrayed through the stories of Hosea and Gomer, Michael and Angel. This may be the single most moving book you will read this year - or in your lifetime."--(Angela Hunt, author of Magdalene)

"The truth that ran through that story [Redeeming Love] absolutely took me to my knees. And I was a changed person when I finished reading that book."--(Amy Grant, Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter, quote sited from an interview with Ted Koeppel, ABC News)

"The timeless biblical themes...are beautifully portrayed and brought to life through her unforgettable characters."--(Stephen Arterburn, best-selling author of The Everyman Series and founder of New Life Ministries)
"Simply put, Redeeming Love is the most powerful work of fiction you will ever read."--(Liz Curtis Higgs, best-selling author of Thorn in My Heart)

RATING - 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment