Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lit Chix - April 2011



This month I hosted book club for the Lit-Chix and the book I chose was "The Kitchen House" by Kathleen Grissom.  It is one of those books I wanted to share with everyone and could not wait to hear their perspective.

I love to plan parties but always get a little anxiety just before the event, wanting to make sure I've covered every last detail and that everything was perfect.  Well, sometimes you just have to go with the flow, not everything is in our control, we'd like to think so but it isn't.  Rather than everything being perfect, it's most important to enjoy the precious moments that you have with those friends and loved ones.  Don't get me wrong, preparation is important but so is a back up plan.

My plans for book club was to "Party on the Patio".   We purchased a new gazebo, put out the cushions on the patio furniture, potted some new spring flowers, made out the menu, grocery shopped....you know the drill, best laid plans.  Well it was "Party in the Family Room".  God's plan...55 degree temp with a cold North wind.

MENU
Lil' Crack Sammies
Potato Chips
Molasses Cake w/Whipped Cream (Recipe from The Kitchen House)
Pecan Bars
Ice Tea
Strawberry Lemonade
Jewel Eggs Filled with Chocolates

This year it is a goal of mine to be more like Mary and less like Martha.  Once the evening has begun, it is so important to be in the moment, not worrying about what should have been but who is.  For me, I know that this goal is not going to be fast trip but a long journey, but one that will be well worth the miles.

Book club was so much fun.  We laughed, we discussed a great book, ate great food and enjoyed our time together. 

Lit-Chix, thank you so much for loving me despite everything being less than perfect, including me.  I'm truly blessed by your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment