Friday, March 9, 2012

Review: A Voice In The Wind by Francine Rivers

The Mark of the Lion Series novels are three of my top five favorite reads.  Francine Rivers transports you to Rome in this first book of the series, A Voice in the Wind.  I originally read the series over 10 years ago and re-read it, loving it every much if not more than the first time.  Although the book is slightly over 500 pages, I found myself reading this book at a very fast pace and enjoying every word.  The characters are painted so vividly that you are immersed into the times and troubles of this time in history.  I am generally not a fan of Christian fiction because it always seems to be so unrealistic but Francine Rivers does a remarkable job and I find myself thrilled to be a reader at every turn of the page. 

SYNOPSIS by Barnes & Noble
This first book in the classic best-selling Mark of the Lion series brings readers back to the first century and introduces them to a character they will never forget—Hadassah. Torn by her love for a handsome aristocrat, a young slave girl clings to her faith in the living God for deliverance from the forces of decadent Rome.

RATING:  5 STARS!  Amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment