Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Virtuous Woman??

vir·tu·ous

adj \ˈvər-chə-wəs, ˈvərch-wəs\

Definition of VIRTUOUS

2
a : having or exhibiting virtue — (see virtue) b : morally excellent : righteous <a virtuous decision>
3
vir·tu·ous·ly adverb
vir·tu·ous·ness noun
 
A Virtuous Woman?  I am not, but that is my goal.  I want to leave this world someday with the tenacity to believe that I lived my life with strong moral conviction, without judgement of others and loved deeply the people of this world.  I know it's a hefty goal, but it's my goal none the less.
 
We connect to many with a small thread, only to see the friendships become a beautiful quilt.  Something to reveal beauty, (yes, even in spots that are thread bare), to keep you warm, and share to with others. 
 
Two patches on my quilt are two seperate bookclubs, The Friendship Sisters and The Lit-Chix.  I cannot tell you how blessed I am to have these women in my life.  Most I would have never met if it was not for the love of books that brought us together.  The books were the threads, each one of us so different and yet tied together to create an entire patch of friends.
 
My purpose with this blog is to share with you the story of these friendships and the books that we read. 
 
I truly hope you enjoy the journey as we "turn the page", together.

No comments:

Post a Comment